Friday, January 30, 2009

GWT Exporter now generates Javascript documentation

I added a rough implementation of a Javadoc Doclet (my first!) to the exporter trunk. It is an extension of the Standard Doclet, so it not only generates Javadoc for your GWT classes, but automatically emits a file called "jsdoc.html" that includes documentation for every @Export in your source base. This allows you to automatically produce documentation for Javascript programmers from GWT source. I use the Maven Javadoc Plugin to execute this, but you can use ant tasks or the command line as well.

It's quite ugly at the moment, no CSS stylesheet, but I'm working on a basic one. I'm happing to take any CSS donations from those who want to check out the trunk and play with it.

Code project is : http://code.google.com/p/gwt-exporter/

-Ray

No comments: